Take Stock in Children was established in 1995 as a non-profit organization in Florida that provides a unique opportunity for low-income and at-risk students, many from minority families, to escape the cycle of poverty through education. We offer our students college scholarships, caring volunteer mentors, and hope for a better life.
Each student who enters our program signs a contract promising to remain crime and drug-free, maintain a 2.5 GPA and above, exhibit good behavior, and meet with their assigned mentor regularly through high school graduation. Upon graduation, students receive a 4-year college tuition scholarship. Take Stock in Children staff meet with students in the program each semester to ensure students have the resources they need to complete school. Student grades are tracked quarterly and immediate intervention is provided should students show signs of academic decline.
Our comprehensive services start in middle school, continue through high school and include their transition into college. This program is funded through a unique public-private fundraising model, and our mentors generously volunteer their services to our children.
Please e-mail completed application to email@example.com
MENTOR/VOLUNTEER PROGRAM APPLICATION
TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM
INCOME ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
- Fred & Jean Allegretti Scholarship
- Boston Red Sox Foundation Scholarship
- Golden Futures Scholarship
- Richard Hagy Memorial Scholarship
- Suncoast Credit Union Scholarship
- Jeff Sommer Cross Country Memorial Scholarship
The Fred & Jean Allegretti Scholarship offers a $1,000 scholarship to five Riverdale High School seniors. This scholarship is made possible through the generosity of the Fred & Jean Allegretti Foundation.
Selection Criteria includes:
- Graduating seniors from Riverdale High School
- A minimum 2.5 weighted GPA
- Must participate in school/community activities
- Must plan to attend a college, community college, or technical school in the fall of 2017
The Lee County Red Sox Scholarship is an honor awarded by the Red Sox Foundation, the official team charity of the Boston Red Sox. Through the Lee County Red Sox Scholarships program, the Foundation will award a $5,000 scholarship to 13 academically talented Lee County public high school seniors who have shown a commitment to community service. This prestigious scholarship award is for students pursuing a two- or four- year degree at any college or university.
Students attending the following schools are eligible to apply:
- Cape Coral High
- Cypress Lake High
- Dunbar High
- East Lee County High
- Fort Myers High
- Ida S. Baker High
- Island Coast High
- Lehigh Senior High
- Mariner High
- North Fort Myers High
- Riverdale High
- South Fort Myers High
The Golden Futures Scholarship was created by The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools’ 2013 Golden Apple recipients to provide opportunities for emerging Lee County educators.
The Scholarship provides four years of tuition to Florida SouthWestern State College and is awarded annually to a deserving high school senior attending a Lee County District School. Applicants must exemplify qualities of educational leadership and demonstrate a passion for teaching. A condition of the scholarship requires recipients to complete a minimum of four years of service to Lee County District Schools upon graduation.
Golden Futures scholarship recipients receive mentoring and support from members of the Academy of Teachers throughout college and into their initial years in the classroom.Florida SouthWestern State College has generously agreed to underwrite a portion of the scholarship.
Richard Hagy had a passion for educating students and served Lee County Schools for more than 30 years as teacher, coach, and principal of ALC and Mariner Middle Schools. He was named Principal of the Year and touched the lives of countless students and friends. To honor his memory, this scholarship has been established with the following selection criteria:
- Graduating seniors from Island Coast High School, Riverdale High School, and Mariner High Schools are eligible
- A minimum weighted GPA of 2.5
- Must have financial need
- Must be involved in high school sports
- Must exhibit integrity and sportsmanship
- Must participate in school/community activities
- Must plan to attend a college, community college or technical school
Jeff Sommer Cross Country Memorial Scholarship
The Jeff Sommer Cross Country Memorial Scholarship is valued at $1,000 and will be awarded to one Lee County high school senior in the spring of 2018.
This scholarship has been established with the following criteria:
– Must be a graduating senior from a Lee County school (public or private)
– Minimum 2.5 weighted GPA
– Must be involved in Cross Country for three years of high school,
one of which must be your senior year
– Must have earned a 3rd place finish or higher in any LCAC Championship contest
or FHSAA District Championship competition (official verification required)
– Must exhibit integrity and sportsmanship
– Must plan to attend a college or technical school